We are currently serving Monroe County residents and property owners only.
All active military personnel, veterans, first responders, and CDL holders will also be provided service with proof of documentation.
Upon your arrival, you will be required to provide proof of residency. If you fail to provide proof of residency, you will be refused service.
Please Visit Our Website for a List of Required Documents and Important Information
Important Information for Passport Services
- Passport services are currently only offered at the Key West Main Office by appointment only
- The Tax Collector can only accept original/new passport applications
- The Tax Collector can only accept renewal applications if the passport has been expired for more than five years or if the applicant was a minor under the age of 16 when they first obtained their passport
- Passport photos are available for a $20.00 fee. Please do not wear a white or pastel colored shirt
- For quicker service, please complete required applications and forms prior to arrival
- NO CASH PAYMENTS permitted
- The applicant will be required to make two separate payments - one payment for the U.S. Department of State and one payment for the Tax Collector (visit our website for fee chart)
- U.S. Department of State
- Check or money order only
- Monroe County Tax Collector
- Check, money order, or credit/debit card only
Important Information for Class E Driver License Road Tests
- As a reminder, please bring a copy of your valid insurance card and vehicle registration to your appointment.
- Please make sure to visit our Driver License page for additional information and also read our handy checklist of required documents, which is available in both English and Spanish:
Important Information for Learner's Permits
- If obtaining a Class E driver license and a parent or legal guardian is not present, you MUST provide the completed Form 71143 and Form 71142
- MUST arrive with a licensed driver over the age of 21